Monday, June 18, 2007

Brought into His family


When you run the race of life, you will stumble at times, scratch yourself along the way, sweat and be overwhelmed with fatigue. I am not spared from all these while running this race but I know the prize at the end of this race is sweet and it's definitely worthwhile to get. What is more interesting, is the fact that I am not running this race alone and am not competing with others. In fact, I am so blessed to know that in this lifetime, I have runners who are running this same race with me but who will also help me when I stumble, pick me up and run the race together with me. They will cheer me on and will not leave me behind while they run their race but they run side-by-side with me and ensure that we all will reach the finish line together.


God has planted every Christian into a community of love - a family in which our bond is not based on our genes but our faith. We are brought into His family when we made that decision to answer His call...


3 comments:

Sarah.... said...

I'm really glad God let our paths cross so closely this year and the last. And like you said, it's comforting to know that you have people to run this race alongside you.

I'm really blessed by this sisterhood we share, and I will never forget the whole Sandi Patti conversation we had last Sat!! =)

~ Jules ~ said...

Indeed, Janet, may we continue to find a real sense of community and family in Him...know that you can call upon us when you need a friend, a shoulder, anything at all... :)

Janettan said...

Sarah: I'm really blessed too and I certainly won't forget the moments we shared and our similar outlook in life..love and miss ya loads, girl!

Julia: Thanks, Julia. You have been such a loving cg mate!