Sunday, January 21, 2007

Avec "Il Divo"

Life is always so unpredictable.....no....I am always so unpredictable. I used not to admire boy bands at all. I used to think ... that they are just a bunch of lucky guys who somehow can sing a note or two and get themselves walking in the hall of fame because of their pretty faces. To me, there was nothing to admire in them - no musical talent, no sweet voices. As usual, I am unpredictable. I went all the way to Singapore to catch the Il Divo, a so-called boyband. I must say, I do not regret a bit, although there were some glitches in the performance, it was nevertheless a splendid performance and definitely very soothing to the ear. The orchestra and a 4-piece band together with the Il Divo powerful voices just swept me off my feet. The drummer was soo good that after the performance, I intend to add the talent in playing drums as my no. 6-criteria in my Top 5 must-haves for my life partner. Thanks to Sarah for accompanying me there and it's so unpredictable that I will have this chance with you to see il divo live concert and it's so unpredictable that music can bond us together.
Singapore was great! Thanks to Aunty Bernice for her good hospitality and great conversations and to Sarah's cousins and aunt for a great time as well as to my cousin for the short meet-up and lunch!

To all those who are still considering whether you should be listening to il divo, try them. Good music and great singers and they might be singing one of your favourite pop songs too..... in an operatic way.

At Orchard Road


Posers

Embarrassing ourselves


I will only do this once in a lifetime


With Sarah's cousins

Sarah and I at the Singapore National Stadium

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Music transcends all barriers.....regardless of genre(boy bands) :p

Sarah.... said...

I too, have always thought I'd never be a boy-band fan.

I tell you, Janet, there were 3 things I vowed never to do when I was a little carefree kid:

1. Pierce my ears
2. Wear make-up
3. Wear high heels

I suppose I could add "being a boy-band fan" to the list too.

And now? I do all of them.

Hehe

weeLee said...

I feel that Il Divo fall into the same category as Bond. They don't really qualify as a boy band.

R1ch@rD said...

Dreamgirls poser! Anyway, I agree with Wee Lee. They don't qualify as a boy band. They qualify as a boy band trying to sing opera.

Janettan said...

Hmm looks like the definition of boybands gets complicated here.
Jeffrey - I agree that music transcends all barriers! You are so philosophical.

Sarah - Haha, I think our mentality, needs and wants change as we grow older.But for me some things still stay

Wee Lee - You are probably right =)
Richard - You are probably right too =)