Monday, February 5, 2007

Wedding Bells!

Wedding bells?

Mine?

Not yet.


Just over the weekend, I was attending Ken and Shireen's wedding in Penang. A red and passionate beach wedding. The couple entertained their guests with a splendid performance of what I would call a unique and sizzling hot dance, depicting their courtship. The climax of the day came when the couple exchanged their vows and the setting sun shone on them as they presented each other with a ring that would seal their marriage for life. (Ahh...how lovely!!!)

Ken's love story has encouraged me to trust God even more when it comes to marriage. Seeing how God has written so many interesting and great love stories for the couples in my church and observing how happy they are right now in serving God faithfully as husband and wife, it definitely gave me a fresh new perspective about the God who is the author of our lives. I believe God has carefully designed every detail in our lives, including who we meet, when we meet them, how we meet them, what events - successes, failures, death, the magnitude of each impact, everything! They are all carefully crafted by God with love. If only we can place that complete trust in Him and let go....He will lead us to the best He wants us to have.

As I watched Ken and Shireen gazed at each other's eyes, and was recalling the story Ken shared, I can't help thinking about the song Sarah introduced to me and promised to sing on my wedding day - When God made you.

It has always been a mystery to me
How two hearts can come together
And love can last forever
And now that I have found you, I believe
That a miracle has come
When God sends the perfect one
Now gone are all my questions about why
And I've never been so sure of anything in my life....

I wonder what God was thinking
When He created you
I wonder if He knew everything I would need
Because He made all my dreams come true
When God made you, He must have been thinking about me...



When God made me, He must have been thinking about you....
Wouldn't you like to have the God of love and the God who created love writes you a love story?



Sam, Me, Ken, Shireen and Sarah





With the bride



The red, chilly hot people

2 comments:

Sarah.... said...

Hehehe...yes, I will keep that promise to sing at your wedding. Try to get married when I'm back from studies, ya? =)

Anonymous said...

how romantic!!

P/s: nice blouse, Janet:)