Friday, March 9, 2007

6 months~!!!!

I wanted to put this post up much later on the 18th which marks the exact date of which I officially walked into my first job 6 months ago. But I am just too impatient and too excited to want to thank all these wonderful people who has helped me throughout my job application process and throughout my 6 months. Life is so good with them around. Here is the list of people I want to thank:

1) The Bishop and his wife for their great hospitality, care and prayers during my stay in KL for this interview

2) Pei Hsien for your sms that early morning before I left for the interview

3) Aunty Constance for her help in all that I needed to get my job done

4) Lee Sin for advising me on the Do’s and Don’ts in the working life

5) To all the EHC members who have prayed for me

6) To SY, who called all the way from Singapore to encourage me to apply to McKinsey and for sharing with me about the life there

7) To Cheemeng for his advice on L’oreal

8) Shakira for her advice on Shell

9) Peejay Garcia for being a good listener, for believing in me, for advising me on DHL and other consulting firms and above all for being with me even in my worst moments

10) To my aunt of whom I lived with during the first 5 weeks of my working life

11) To ZiBin who edited my essay. For if not for your help, it wouldn’t have got to where it is

12) Siew family for their constant love and support and to Elaine, for your encouraging words and confidence in me

13) My lovely parents for their unfailing love, and belief in my abilities

14) YL, for his guidance since the first day of my job application process, for his prayers which so touched my heart, for his mock interviews, for his words of encouragement when I needed them the most and his sage advice, his tips on the McKinsey interviews and for sharing his resources. I will not forget this one meaningful sms he sent when I was on the way to the McKinsey office, with fears chocking up my neck: “Just prayed for you. Trust not in your emotions, but on the promises of God” (This line still rings in my mind each time I am overwhelmed by emotions) and finally for all he has done and the care he has shown throughout this 6 months. Without you, I wouldn't have found myself here. My blessing to have known you as the first person who walked into my life when I began this new chapter. You have so much and achieved so much, yet you gave it all and enveloped yourself with so much humility. Thank you, again!

15) To everyone who in one way or another helped me with my career and job application process and also who has taught me life’s little lessons. Thank you all!

16) Finally, thank God from whom all blessings flow. The God who sees to my every need and the God who shapes my character and the God who wants to give me the best. Thank you, God!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Behind every successful man is a woman" She can't be a dummy,right?

Anonymous said...

You thoroughly deserve the job. I am sure you are enjoying every minute of it now. At least, most of the minutes . ;-) I guess with such a reputable job comes alot of pressure and OTs. But hey! this is what you always wanted to do right?

I always wonder how consultant job will be like, and if i will fit the bill. I am sure you can give me followpath. Even better if you are my interviewer :)

As for the anonymous poster up there, "behind every successful man is a woman", same goes that "behind every failed man, there is a woman". ;-) My statement has nothing to do with Janet of course, just trying to be chicky. :)

Janettan said...

Anonymous:You are right in a lot of sense. I think a lot of supporting women behind those successful men are the unsung heroes. I have seen many very independent wives who become very good support and counsel to their husbands - with a lot of love, submission and respect to their respective husbands.

Zibin: Thanks for your encouragement. As always,you have been a very good friend through my thick and thin in pursuing my dreams. I also have no doubt that you will be able to pursue your dreams. You are already on your way there!

One thing I'll like to note (quoting from my colleague): "Behind every successful man is a woman, behind every failed man, there are not ONE but TWO women!!!" =)