Thursday, March 8, 2007

I was on His mind

It has been a almost six months since I started with the first official job of my life! Phew…how time flies. Many things have changed since that day and looking back I have God to thank for.

I still remember vividly the first day I walked into this office for my interview – the fear, the excitement, the curiosity, the warm pat on the shoulders by my friend and the words of encouragement he gave, the intimidating questions, the mind boggling puzzles, the air, the scent, the worry, every thought. Oh all still so vivid in my memory!

It was a great 6 months. I met so many people, learned so many things and learned so much about myself too. Although not every day is a rosy day, it was through those not-so-rosy days that I truly learned about life and myself. This has been the industry I wanted so much to be in when I was studying in the university and so far I still have no regrets. I am not sure what the next 6 months will hold for me but I will trust the God who holds my future and who pays attention to shaping every detail in my life. Recalling the past 6 months, it reminded me again about how I am so enveloped by God’s love - seeing my every need is taken care of and ensuring that I am taught the lessons He wants me to learn and above all for placing CDPC as my family here in PJ/KL, people that I can always fall back to.

Here’s a song by Hillsong, I’d learned to love. A high school mate wrote it on the school blackboard one morning during my high school days and I just ignored her and the lyrics of the song (thinking she must be silly or too emotional). It rang again when I was watching a play at DUMC about a year ago. Now it meant so much to me, ever since I begin my working life and all the experiences I had, living here in PJ and KL. I hope it will do the same to you:

Before the world began,
You were on His mind,
And every tear you cry is precious in His eyes,
Because of His great love, He gave His only son,
Everything was done…so you would come.

Come to the Father,
Though your gift is small,
Broken hearts, broken lives,
He will take them all,
The power of the Word,
The power of His blood,
Everything was done so you would come.

Nothing you can do to make Him love you more,
And nothing that you’ve done could make Him close the door,
Because of His great love, He gave His only son
Everything was done so you would come.

2 comments:

R1ch@rD said...

It's really encouraging to know how God has blessed you over the past six months. Getting the job of your choice and growing in stature only shows that He is making your paths straight.

Testimonies like this encourage in times of duress. Particularly so for those who find heaven to be silent. Rooted in Jewish tradition, the thought of being abandoned by God is worse than to be punished by Him. At times, I struggle with that silence and in those moments, Romans 8:28 becomes the hardest verse to believe.

Communal bonding is of paramount importance in the Christian faith and it's great that God has planted you in an environment that is great for you. Mark 3 sums it up nicely when Jesus says that "Whoever does the will of God is my brother and my sister and mother." I too, once grew in faith and in spirit. Fond memories. :)

Sadly, a house doesn't always make a home. Nevertheless, knowing how the Lord has directed you in encouraging and perhaps one day He'll do it to me one more time. I look forward carried by profound fear and extraodinary hope.

Janettan said...

Thanks, Richard!