Monday, October 22, 2007

My ambition - A Thai Thai

“I’d like to be a Thai Thai!”, I exclaimed to my aunt’s horror. She replied, “Your mom, myself and also your dead grandmother wouldn’t allow it”.

“You? Thai Thai…? NO way…I don’t think you’ll last longer than a few months”, remarked my uni mate, Gim Han and later I found out Jeff agreed to his comment as well.

Sigh…

I thought everyone would agree that a Thai Thai’s life is a sought-after vocation. I was wrong.

So why can’t I be one?

I enjoy playing golf, and then maybe learn Salsa and then when it’s time, drop my kids at their piano class, violin class, etc etc. Then move on to SHOPPING and then to buy loads of books because I simply have the time to read them. Once awhile, I’ll go visit some friends, catch-up, some jog and swim and then learn how to bake! Sounds great!

Above all, I love children and I want to be with my children as they grow up. More importantly, having been through life myself…I would want to impart in them the love I experience from God and pass on the stories of how loving this God has been to me in my younger years and how He will be to my children and my children’s children if they stick close to Him. Nothing thrills me more than to wait for that time to come when I can do that to my little beings.

OK…but what about your career? Don’t you have dreams? What if you’re earning a lot? You mean your parents funded your education for nothing? What if your husband is abusive, infidel or even plain stupid?

I will answer that in my next post….


* Thai-thai – A Cantonese term for a comfy home-maker. (Is my translation correct?I think it is as far as my broken Cantonese is concern)

2 comments:

kelvinchaw said...

Tai tais should play mahjong with other tai tais also...

hlpe said...

who said thai thai is not a sought after vocation =P its like top on my dream list...